Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Expanded and Exotic Weapons [Sixth Draft]


Available on the DM's Guild (pay what you want) at this link!

The thing about making an expanded weapons list is it can (and will) just keep expanding as new ideas come up. I guarantee this sucker will be just about as long as the Strongholds project when I'm done with it. But for now, I'm happy that I can squeeze it in to four action-packed pages of content, all done up in public domain artwork and ready for the DM's Guild.

Six whole drafts, though! Can you believe it? I sure can't.

So let's see what got changed.

CHANGELOG:

  • DM's Guild compliant public domain artwork!
  • Minor tweak for trading expanded weapon proficiencies: the traded weapons must have the same damage dice.
  • Brass knuckles are back in! Just about as good as a light hammer, without connecting to unarmed combat rules in any way (it's for the best, really).
  • Added a special property for the sword sheath allowing it to be drawn with the same object interaction as the sword it's paired with.
  • Changed the sap, yet again. Less rolling (hopefully) means more fun.
  • Added the spiked shield and the monk's spade to the exotic weapon list! Both have been widely requested, so it's good to have them on there. 
  • Added magical version of the monk's spade, the spiked shield, and the spiked chain as a little bit of bonus content.
CONCERNS:
  • Spiked shield does some wacky things vis-a-vis AC and being wielded as a weapon primarily. I'm pretty sure that's okay because it costs a feat, though. 
  • I'm unsure of the balance on the monk's spade, with its bonus action shove. Could use some more eyes on that. 
  • Sap is always a little wacky, but I love it so it has to be in. I blame the Thief series of computer games.
WHAT I LEARNED:
  • Everything's an ongoing project. I just wish adding new content didn't raise so many balance concerns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment